Welcome to the Gravastar press page. Here you should find any info you need to write articles or get more information about Gravastar. If you need any additional information not posted here, or need something provided in a different format, let us know and we will make it available.
Based in Seattle, WA
Gravastar is a sci-fi fantasy JRPG (Japanese-style Role Playing Game) for PC and consoles that combines a traditional JRPG aesthetic with a unique and fast-paced turn-based battle system inspired by 2D arcade fighting games. The battle system in Gravastar is set apart from traditional, turn-based JRPGs by its real-time button-combo input system. Alter the flow of battle, master your character's movesets, build enormous combos, and string together chains to dispatch your foes.
You are Baird, an orphan boy on the exoplanet Aethera, who has just violently discovered that he is a Spectre, a rare being with power tied to the stars. Begin your quest, meet companions, and learn to harness the power of the stars on your journey to save Aethera from a fanatic zealot, hell-bent on plunging the Universe into darkness. Only then, can you truly fulfill your destiny.
Starting as the seed of an idea nearly 3 years ago, Gravastar began to take shape throughout 2016 as demos of its unique turn-based combo-based battle system were showcased at a variety of Seattle conventions to much success. The new year brings with it whispers of an overworld and the team continues to grow and evolve as we continue our quest to bring Gravastar to all the JRPG fans out there!
- Story-driven campaign with 15 hours of classic JRPG gameplay
- Harness the power of the stars to unleash powerful spells and devastating combos on your enemies in a unique and fast-paced turn-based battle system inspired by 2D arcade fighting games
- Join Baird and a cast of seven playable companions as they race to save Aethera from darkness
- Uncover the secrets of Aethera's rich history as you adventure through five sprawling continents
- Beautiful hand-drawn animations and hand-painted textures combine a traditional JRPG aesthetic with modern HD graphics
- Created by grass-fed programmers who write only the most efficient and optimized code :)
Logos & Icons
Awards & Recognition
- iFest 2016 People's Choice Award